View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-19, 15:30

If you can run iOS 13 on your old thing, you could download the Adobe business now* just to get a feel for things.

I sometimes get snarled at by customers by asking if they already have an iPad. They act as though the latest model will somehow be dramatically different in terms of usability, but it really won't. An iPad Air and an iPad Pro do pretty much all the same things. What has changed are security authentication and Apple Pencil support. There have always been keyboards available.

Again, the trackpad may change things, but considering it will cost a minimum of $1100 for that setup, a MacBook Air starts to look pretty good. Thus far, the iPad just hasn't offered anything truly compelling to me. I owned one for a while (my wife has a Mini and uses it like crazy; my daughter has a 6th-gen and a Pencil and uses it for a lot of artwork) but the editing features in Pages drove me away. Plus, now that I have an iPhone, I have even less use for one.

Other than the sexiness, there's just nothing about the platform that attracts my eye over a laptop, and I'm pretty hard-pressed to purchase one just because it looks good.

*Maybe, depending on system requirements.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)