View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-30, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Aww, that’s kinda sad. That was always my favorite aluminum iMac design/size all these years. Never once considered/lusted after the 27”.

Maybe they’re thinking, smack-dab in the middle of a school year, there won’t be many education buys for a bit?
Yeah, that makes sense. (I couldn't quickly find if Intel is discontinuing the CPU. But even if they are, Apple could probably easily have added a newer one, so I doubt that was the only factor.)

Personally, while the aluminum+glass variant no doubt looked nicer than its white plastic predecessor, it… never was one of my favorite designs, especially once they added the weird curves to make it appear thinner on the sides. That 2021 M1 design, OTOH…

Quote:
And, come spring, the current iMac (M1, 8/256, two ports, 8/7 core, maybe in silver only) drops down to that $1,099 spot and the M2 24” iMac is in that $1,299+ spot.
Let's hope.

Quote:
And speaking of 27”…

And then there’s this story out today as well.

If these rumors pan out, we’ve all been massively overshooting the size (30-32”) on an upcoming larger iMac. However it appears it may be positioned as an iMac Pro, and get the Pro/Max AS offerings, while still at 27”.
I dunno. 27 just seems too close to 24. (Then again, I guess 14 and 16 are very close to 13?)