View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-30, 15:40

We left town Wednesday evening and drove to McCall, Idaho where we rented a nice house for the weekend. The weather was nice and the food brilliant! Went to Salmon River Brewing for fresh Buzz Buzz Coffee Porter and fish & chips when we got into town. Cooked the whole nine yards for Thanksgiving dinner, had lots of pie and beer and whiskey, took a couple nice walks in the chilly mountain air, and had an amazing breakfast at the Shore Lodge on the way out of town.

Just four of us, and it was awesome.

I no longer enjoy the "big family" Thanksgiving. It was one thing when the Republicrats just barked at each other across the table, but the last few years no one seems to be able to shut up about politics. I spent 4 days with my daughter, my wife, and my mom, and politics never got discussed. Second time we've done it (also last year). Now, the wife wants the "big family" next year, but I want the mountain retreat. The daughter also would rather not with the big fest, so maybe her and I go to the mountains? Is that acceptable?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)