View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-03-25, 03:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
- It "Just Works™", correct? Or are external displays platform-dependent...some work with Macs, some don't, etc.? I'm hoping it's just "connect the two devices together and *boom* extra monitor space without any hassle/aggravation (got enough of that going on with myself this past week - thanks, Catalina - not looking for extra ) when she wants to work with larger (physically) files (she sometimes does spreadsheet stuff).
There are cases where the Mac doesn't quite know how to use the monitor at the right resolution, but by and large, yes, it should just work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
- Connection-wise, what do I need to look for on the monitor end? HDMI? DVI? VGA?

According to Mactracker, here's the deal on the graphics for her particular model:

Do I look for a Thunderbolt-to-HDMI cable (assuming there's a HDMI port on whatever monitor she gets)?
Most likely HDMI.

And, no. Ignore the Thunderbolt stuff. Just get a mini-DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable.