View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-04, 08:53

"Like you trained his father?"

Oh no you dinnit! Burrrnnnn.

Uncle Owen obviously DGAF, smarting off to a Jedi.

Interesting shot of Obi-Wan using an "uncivilized" blaster (but it's also how he killed General Grievous, so there's precedent; when you're in the thick of it, any weapon will do).

It looks really good, like a movie. Stuff like this will further spell the ending for the multiplex as we know it in the coming years. TV fare looks as "big", sprawling and cinematic as anything you'd pay $12 to see at the Flick-O-Rama 28.

It definitely doesn't have the "Tatooine only" vibe I expected/predicted all along. Looks like there will be other planets and locations thrown into the mix. Cool shot of Vader(?) having his arm put on.

McGregor looks great in the part. He's got another ~18 years on him since we last saw him play this character, so he's aged nicely into the role. According to my calculations, Obi-Wan would've been around 47 in the middle of that 20-year gap between Episodes 3 and 4 (when this show is set), and McGregor is 51 in real life, so that's...close enough to pull off without a bunch of aging makeup and CGI tricks. Apparently Obi-Wan was 57 in A New Hope, so I just subtracted 10 years from that...