View Single Post
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2005-07-12, 19:31

Here's what I'd love to see in PBs in near future

Built in RGB projector- effectively gives you a portable 30" Cinema Display and you can get 12" screen without missing the 15 or 17.

Scan,, copy, and printer built in. It has to be thermal printer though, as inks are too much baggage, but I would be so happy with since feature. If you have seen some mini copier/scanner, its easy to see how itd fit as a hinge on PB.

Have the touchpad function as stylus for drawing and photoshopping. For all what its worth, it could use some tweaking. Maybe a bigger area or some other way to make it "finger fingerly" (to be fair, I haven't tried the latest PBs pads; I'm speaking from experience with Lombards pad)

As for iMac, I really *would* love it to see Apple make a great form factor that is easily expandable/upgradable. I know that PM is meant for that sort of stuff, but given how people has beef with being stuck with out of date displays and so forth, I think itd be so cool if the next generation iMac could have their innards completely replaced in oh say, 5 years term for a reasonable price, so you keep for cool case while getting a better display and other goodies along the road. The only real issue is making it cost effective to do so.

That's my dreams.