View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-04-03, 23:51

I'm looking for some software that will allow me to use either my iSight or camcorder as a motion sensitive capture device. I don't want to record a bunch of nothing, just when there is action.

Ultimately I'm going to look for a whole home security setup that incorporates cameras that are accessible from anywhere via the web. So I'm certainly open to pointers of this. I can use a PC if I must, but I would like the solution to be Mac based.

For now though, I just need to be able to record motion to "catch a thief" without having to waste a lot of HDD space and also not have to sift through and bunch of blank space and likely miss the part I need to see. I'd be cool if Apple offered it, but where ever. Free is good, though I'm willing to pay if it's worth it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.