View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-11-21, 23:48

You're my favorite poster (tied with lots of people ). All of these stories are so true. Sometimes you just have to laugh...

As for the small/medium/large thing, at least you are honest. Some stores, when they have two sizes, label them "medium" and "large," which always weirds me out. If you have two sizes, there is no medium! There is a big one and a little one!

Do you actually call them small/large? I thought I remember you working at a Starbucks, which normally (but not always) calls them different things. I always LQTM when I'm behind someone in a Starbucks and they get confused with tall/grande/venti, not because they're ignorant or inexperienced, but because the display cups are always right there.

I remember I got a Vivanno at a Starbucks and the barista called it a smoothie. That's what it was, of course, but "nourishing blend" sounded so much nicer. They shattered that illusion. It felt so much better, dropping six dollars on a "nourishing blend."

Oh, and for the record, because I'm sick of people thinking/saying otherwise: At most "real" Starbuckses (but not at all the mini ones), you can order a short. Tall is not the smallest size, people. It's just that they don't put short on the menu. They're devious like that.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong