View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-12-12, 00:10

I think I have my biome update plans all laid out... here's a before/after preview of the regions I'll change:

One of my motivations is to simplify and replace the biome mess that is the swamp on which Bradtropolis was built. It was a neat idea at first since it provided big flat open spaces to grow, bit those sickly green-brown colors have been grating on my nerves for quite a while. You can't see it here, but the new river biomes I added to make the new swamp area's border actually coincide with waterways that already exist there. So, hopefully it looks natural in practice.

Oh… and if anyone is wondering about these pink areas… those are "mooshroom fields" (formerly "mooshroom island", I think) which are especially handy for certain creative spots since they forbid hostile mobs from spawning, even in complete darkness.

709: I did some biome cleanup around the museum. Is this okay? Would you have anything else in mind?

Also, it's not too late for anyone to make some requests, especially if they're in the regions I'm already touching here!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.