View Single Post
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-02-14, 12:56

i think this would be doable if there was some sort of connector from the iMac to maybe a "mini upgrade tower"

kind of like a small white box that houses slots for extra HDs and PCIexpress slots..... basically you can have the computer entirely in one form factor and when it's time for you to upgrade with more components you just buy an expansion box....... it wouldn't be necessary except for those of use with lots of extras in our comps, those of use who are already using towers anyways

i personally already use a minitower with my powerbook that houses 4 HDs..... it would be awesome if i could also have two PCIexpress slots in there so i could use a PCIexpress soundcard instead of also needing an external soundcard too....

the minitower could be used with any of apple's products - iMac, MacBook Pros........ it allows desktop expandability for portables when used at home..... that would be nice... you'd just need some sort of connection that allows a lot of throughput for all the extra devices