Thread: Having Cancer
View Single Post
ronmexico

2009-05-01, 16:38

drewprops...good luck on your surgery!

I don't think this story is very reassuring, but it is funny...it took place in a teaching hospital, so this shouldn't be anywhere near your experience.

When I was doing my oral surgery rotations, dental students were required to observe and assist during facial reconstruction procedures that took many hours in the OR. Of course, during a surgery that was an all day procedure, most patients are catheterized and the oral surgery residents would often pick the most squeamish girls to grab the man's penis to slide the tubing in. I happened to be in on a day when a very well endowed black man was being prepped...and the girl thought she needed the largest tube to accommodate this man's urethra...but she chose poorly. She got the tube about 1 cm into his tip when he started to bleed. He was on Coumadin and his bleeding was substantial, not harmful, but excessive. Of course the girl felt terrible and humiliated. The surgeons were giving her a hard time telling her he is going to wonder why his penis hurts as much as his face when he wakes up.