View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2020-08-04, 09:40

I'm wrestling with this one. I'm starting to get contacts for photo gigs from couples who couldn't hold their parties this past spring/summer, and from photographers who want to expand their bookings. Based on a handful of calls, September may be going gangbusters as couples try to squeeze in some kind of party before it gets too cold.

Our provincial staged reopening plans mean that venues have to place strict food service controls (no buffet, no family platters) and guest limits (no more than 50 under current stage 3 rules). A few of the venues I've been in a lot have added tents, and are booking wedding parties 7 days a week to make up for lost time. In the past, the wedding season was mainly a Saturday affair with good venues booked a year a head of time; premium venues, 2 years; and some exclusive ones, as much as three years.

So, on the one hand there's potentially a lot of extra cash to be made up, but I don't need to take the risks as much as some others may. My 9-5 job is happy to let me work from home for the foreseeable future...