View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-02-02, 03:11

ok:

Lot's of construction going on outside of the cactus fence at spawn:

Diagonal tunnel to Communal Trap is complete. It is the most efficient route from spawn to the trap, and most players East/North will find it convenient to use. Players West/South will probably want to use 709's wonderful sky walks and stairs. I do have a question for those residing in Mob Hill -- I can extend a straight tunnel to that area, if you would like. I have one that is approximately in line with the starlight forest, and it seems possible for me to extend it without going under any currently existent buildings or projects. Let me know.

Straight tunnel to my old trap from spawn is also complete, opening is more austere and it is tucked out of the way to avoid confusion.

Finally, I completed building a Communal storage/exchange building in between the two tunnel project; Rowdy helped finish it up. The goal here is to allow for exchange of raw materials, so cobble and not smooth stone, wood and not planks or sticks, sand and not glass or sandstone, etc. The chests are labeled with their eventual (or current) contents. If need be a basement can be added for additional storage, I would like for the building to remaining open and airy and that requires fairly inefficient placement of chests, but it is aesthetically pleasing, and that makes me happy.

Also of note: 1/4 of the communal trap is covered, so it is active day and night, at least to some degree.

Tomorrow I plan on working on the communal trap and simplifying item collection/attractiveness of the killing floor, and this requires getting rid of the dirt island that everyone seems to hate anyway :P.