View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-02, 08:17

It's been 10 hours, and I've already had to edit my initial post. See? Things are happening.

It looks like Squeenix might be breaking the silence of Dragon Quest X earlier than expected: they've scheduled a press conference for this Monday to unveil a new Dragon Quest game. Meanwhile, they've put a teaser up at dqx.jp.

They don't specifically say that they're unveiling Dragon Quest X, which is odd, and the trailer for DQX was one of the big selling points for the Anniversary Collection. But unveiling Dragon Quest X via DVD trailer virtually guarantees that the trailer will leak online before the Anniversary Collection's release, and it's possible that Squeenix wants a chance to introduce it properly.

Alternatively, they could be introducing the next in their series of handheld remakes, or iPhone ports of the originals, or anything else Dragon Quest-related, really. But I think they know that the public is expecting DQX.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong