View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-11-14, 12:02

I might have some time tonight?

—

Also, my current two-rail design has the rails three blocks apart. We could add a walking path right down the middle, and maybe a half block lower than the rail slabs? The walking path would then be invisible from outside the system and not add any additional visual "overhead". We could tie the path into the rails at 65-block intervals (at the towers—nothing in between). That would look good, me thinks. No "safety net" between rail and path. Add an element of danger to it. You fall off, tuff beans!

Alright, Gray. Fine. Let's do stone bricks with my design and see what it looks like. Since we will have stairs available with bricks, I have an idea for a "Y truss" with a walking path between. The path can also be stone bricks (at half-height so no baddies). The rails will ride on stone slabs (the color contrast will be nice). We can embed glowstone in the towers beneath the walking path to hide them from above yet add a little light every 65 blocks.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rail Height: 97
Stone brick towers
Stone brick viaducts
Stone brick stair "Y-trusses" which maintain that "over-under" structure that I like
Stone slab rail supports
Stone slab foot path
Glowstone lighting acts as support for foot path

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2015-11-14 at 12:29.