View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-12, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Good God... where do you people find the time to build this stuff??

Ultimately is the point of this game / community to see who can build the coolest shit (all of it by digging down right - so like where was the original "ground level" in this picture above? At the top of the structure?? Madness!)? Then other people go in there and look around, or is it an actual game? I saw the keyboard thing and I thought to myself "How many days of living did this guy put into that, which he'll never get back"?

Whass wrong witchoo, people?

I don't watch TV? Seems many Americans burn hours turning off their brains in front of the boob toob. So, I instead choose to engage my brain interactively/creatively with Minecraft.

Quote:
Bryson: I'm actually afraid to try it. Whatever level of productivity I have now will surely be halved by week's end. Since I work from home, no boss to threaten me... it's a bad situation based on seeing everyone else's addiction.
Give in to the dark side.

Quote:
So all this stuff that's out in teh world... animals, boats, whatever... those were all made at some point by someone? Or is the world you inhabit at surface level already made and you just dig down to build stuff?
Basically, yeah, the world is a procedurally generated terrain with deserts, swamps, hills, mountains, forests, and oceans, and it's up to you to harvest trees and mine stones and ores to build stuff. Animals spawn naturally, but you can capture them and breed more. Rarely you will find small villages with NPCs (that presently do nothing but wander aimlessly), and if you dig deep, you'll often encounter abandoned mineshafts with chests, minetracks, and wooden trusses.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.