View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-09, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Wow... I didn't know there was a Wii emulator out there that ran on Mac OS X. I know what I'm downloading when I get home...
Dolphin was originally a Gamecube emulator, but the GC and Wii hardware are so similar that it was extended to work fo both. Some games require beefy hardware to be playable, and it's can be pretty buggy sometimes. I've use Dolphin for playing through Wind Waker recently, and it works quite well, but when I tried F-Zero GX it slowed to a painful 10-15 FPS. Your mileage may vary.

If you search YouTube for any GC or Wii game with "HD" or "1080", you'll almost certainly find someone's recording of a Dolphin playthrough. Some games look really amazing with higher resolution display (Super Mario Galaxy for one), others not so much. Some games actually have bitmaps and HUD images that are higher resolution than the Wii can natively display, suggesting that in-house the developers may have better hardware for development and testing.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.