View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-19, 23:28

Yeah, Apple is being pretty aggressive with this stuff, an I actually think all providers will have to be. There's going to be too much competition, and some of those competitors have too much content to do battle with. There are going to be a few winners, though. Those companies like Disney and Netflix which have huge catalogues, smaller but well entrenched outfits like HBO and PBS, and a few upstarts with deep pockets like Amazon and Apple. I suspect the average customer (myself included) will set aside enough entertainment dough for something like three of these things. I'll keep Netflix for a while and definitely sign up for Disney+. If Apple offers a free trial period then I'll check out these new shows and see if they can catch me within 2 episodes, but it has to be that quick. Any longer and I get bored and change the channel. Breaking Bad caught me at episode 1 and keep me through the end. Yeah, it has to be that good or a series is gonna get set aside. Not many do it for me, since I really don't like TV that much. Even The Mandalorian is going to have to get me right up front. But, if Apple can persuade me to hang around, I'll give them a try,

Apple Arcade? Undecided. We'll likely have demo content on our demos systems at the shop, so I might get a good sampling there and be able to decide. Still, 5 bucks is cheap!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)