View Single Post
Mass Appeal

2004-08-08, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
They beat them to death with bats... an entire family. Somehow death penalty just doesn't quite say it. In my opinion.
There has been a lot of debate over the death penalty and the use of the electric chair here.You should check out Errol Morris' doc. Mr. Death. The electric chair is a brutal piece of machinery and I believe the death caused by it is on par with the beating of another human being. It took us three tries to fry one guy. Can you imagine how horrible that must have been? In fact I would choose to be beaten to death then let the jokers who run our peanal system strap me in the toaster. One good wack to the head and your pretty much out of it where as with the chair you have searing pain throughout your entire body, you shit and piss yourself, then your head catches on fire and after all that it may take a couple of more tries to finnish you off.

It's not just the crimminals here who've cranked it up a knotch. Lately the cops in Orange County have been using that little electric chair known as the taser. They've already killed four people with it this year, most were intoxicated and resisted arrest so the cops shocked them untill they died. It wasn't untill local television stations and civic groups put pressure on them that they changed their procedures with dealing with suspected crack addicts. Thier original response was extremely callous. As long as you don't smoke crack you don't have to worry but if you do and you resist arrest it's not our fault when we kill you.