View Single Post
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-11, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
The problem with attempting to "educate" these PC folk is that they don't much want your education. People that do this, no matter how good the intentions in their hearts are, are no better than Christian missionaries that go to strange and foreign lands to "convert" the local "savages".

The PC people bitching about viruses don't want to switch. They don't want to hear your arguments for why the Mac is great. All they want to do is yell at you and tell you to go home so they can get back to bitching about their platform of choice.

You know, in the other thread you said, "It's just an internet message board." I think it may be appropriate to remind you that "It's just a computer platform; a pretty plastic box with a bunch of whizzy electronics inside."
You make a great point, I should state that the only time I have actually converted people is when they know how much I love the Mac, then are themselves looking for something to buy, then come to me to ask my opinion. They know I have a love for the Mac so they remember that, and when it comes to buying time, it has stuck in their head that there's this kid who likes this Mac thing, then I've got them.

Closing the deal isnt the hard part, getting people to consider it is.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration