View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-02-13, 11:40

Of course Apple tries (and what you said is dead-on)!

When I say they don't "try", I'm referring strictly to their presence or overall vibe or "cool factor". They don't seem to make it a working priority, it's just a natural by-product and result. But I don't think they actively try to be "hip" in any given situation (and if they do, it's a bit more low-key and transparent than Microsoft and many others), and seem a bit more okay with just letting the products do the talking.

But yes, they "try" very much in the "ease-of-use/stuff just works" department, don't get me wrong. I wasn't talking about that; they excel there like nobody's business. The fact that I've got a switcher just a little over 48 hours into things who has already figured out, on her own, more about iPhoto and how it all works (than I could probably show her in a reasonable amount of time) speaks volumes...that's from someone who, before Tuesday, wasn't really quite sure to do with all the photos on her camera and computer, beyond the occasional e-mail attachment. Now? Holy crap...she's tagging Faces, entering Places info, making smart albums based on that criteria, removing redeye, straightening/cropping goofy pics, removing blemishes, etc. I was impressed (and it's a really neat testament to how "brain dead simple" they do indeed make this stuff, so yeah)...

Her camera is her friend again.