Thread: macOS Shortcuts
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-17, 10:08

Yes, it is unrelated to Shortcuts, but it was my workaround to the hopeful fact that Shortcuts would allow time based automation.

It isn't just for launching apps though, what about send a tweet at this time. Send email at this time... I mean, there are so many options that are available if you allow time based triggers.

My LaunchAgents workaround was to open an app, which you can do with Shortcuts and was what I was originally intending to do with it. I just haven't found a trigger that will do it as I like.

Shortcuts do allow if/then options as well as some other really advanced things.

Paul, if you wanted to watermark your work, you would be able to do so via a shortcut so you don't have to open each file and manually edit it. That is one example. If you look through the app you will see there are tons of software titles and such. You can mix and match and just have some things be done so you don't have to think about it.

Most likely will never use Shortcuts, but for those who figure out how to make it work for them, it is amazing.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.