View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-08, 17:18

As flagship prices seem to creep upward, I think more people will find the SE attractive in the years to come. Especially if, as rumored, it goes to a full-face type of design in 2023. I don't know if the regular schmo on the streets knows/cares about 2-3 camera lenses, OLED and blah, blah. I truly don't. In fact, I've never heard anyone outside here and MacRumor's comments/discussion even talk about those things, so I'm pretty sure the regular schmo on the street isn't drawn in by those things. They just like the big, full screen, I'm guessing.

Folks like my mom, Dad, stepmom, sister, most of my friends, etc. would be more than served by a $399 SE...current, or future, design.

But I get it...everyone wants the newest-looking iPhone, so that means one more year (if rumors are true) of the SE in the "cellar" for many buyers. But once that new, true third-generation model hits, I think Apple is going to see a lot of folks "downgrading" to that in the coming years.

A $700+ just isn't feasible or makes sense for most people, I don't care how you break it down or pay for it.

I think the SE will prove to the the sleeper hit and, after 2023, a big draw. Assuming Apple doesn't jack its pricing up to idiotic levels too.