View Single Post
T-Man
The Hoarding Packrat™

2006-04-25, 06:03

…I've only recently started to not use CD's, PC's, etc for pluralness.

I have very good English skills, and use them on AIM, MSN, every other client with people I talk to, and on the internet. I guess it took my about 13 years to get to where I am with English, though I was only born in '91. (I am 14 years old now and will be 15 this October.) And I have to say that whenever I get mad or annoyed on AIM, MSN, etc, I seem to start typing in this very formal-serious way… I like it.

I hate it when people can't use at least a capital letter for I! 'If you're not going to do anything else right, why not at least capitalize the letter/word pertaining to you, and probably in your opinion the most important word… after me.' I must say that I do have some buddies I talk to that have good English skills, and use them, but other of my peers rarely do; and I also hate "What's/Whats up" (<<You never see it spelled that way), "wats up", or the one that I didn't get the first time; "wats ^". I just ignore it and say 'Nothing' or 'Nothing new' and then tell them what I'm doing.

Back to LOL: Yesterday I read an article about PDAs on a PDA site in this non-punctuated-lol'd English, lol must've been every 10th word and there wasn't a dot to be seen. It was like trying to read a different language!?, which is why I didn't finish. So if lol doesn't mean Laughing Out Loud (anymore), and just That was funny, are many of the people I talk to always happy or just completely laughing at themselves??? I think our point has been proven with lol.

While learning Spanish, at times I end up saying things to people who've no idea what I'm saying. Oh yeah, and I think another language has helped me with my English much.

T.

PS: Have a thought of taking your offer, RichieB: I challenge ANY teen to write me in his/her own hand (not on a computer) a 1 page essay without a single spelling and/or grammatical error.