View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2006-12-29, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvB's link
An Apple spokesman refused to comment on the matter on Wednesday, but said the company had handed the findings of its internal enquiry to the SEC. The company said in October that it had found “no misconduct by any member of Apple’s current management team” but that its investigation “raised serious concerns regarding the actions of two former officers”. At the same time, it also announced the resignation from its board of Fred Andersen, a former chief financial officer. Mr Andersen had not been a director at the time of the 2001 options grant.
This paragraph leaves me wondering. Are they implicating Fred Andersen as one of the former officers? Or does it imply he is beyond reproach since he was not a director at the time of the options grant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Boy if Fred Anderson is implicated in this, as fall guy or one of the real culprits, that will really shake my trust in the company. He has always been considered so highly, pretty much universally, to say nothing of Jobs even.
That's a great comment BR. I agree that Andersen is considered a stand-up guy and to be implicated in this would shake one's confidence in the company. At the same time, if they make him the scape goat then that would also cause me to doubt the integrity of those running Apple. It is going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

All I want is a simple life
twitter