View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-20, 20:48

So this article came up in one of the RSS feeds I follow. One of the points that really hit me is the use of my P4 CPU that is less than power friendly. While I'm no tree hugger, I certainly don't want to pay more for services than I need to.

On top of this, pfSense hasn't been that good to me. I've been running it for a little bit and the router just stops routing. As of now the only fix is to reboot. Problem is I'd have to be home to make this happen. Not much fun for the guys on the server.

With some of the recent changes with ISPs being copyright cops and such I'm likely going to move over to ClearOS and give it a go. Reviews have been pretty good for it overall and seems like a good fit for my needs.

While I like pfSense, it's not holding up well for me. Makes me think it might be hardware, but this machine was my home server for a long time running SME Server.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.