Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-09-11, 17:49

I can't wait to hear what they crazy gold one is going to go for.

On those bands, I see that they slide in from the side (and that many - all? - of the clasps are magnetic). Do either of those seem like iffy, "less than" approaches? Granted, we don't know so much. But all I've been able to think is "what would keep that face from wanting to slide or scoot around over time (or with any strong movement/force)"? Does it lock or snap into place, or is it just held there via friction, being so exquisitely-crafted and engineered? What keeps it in that slot, once you slide a band into the face housing? And the magnet thing, vs. a locked-in buckle or cinched type of closure...if you ran your wrist across a railing a certain way, or if you're engaging in some horseplay or whatever, would it be easy to undo and fall off?

Hope they're very strong magnets, because we don't need some sort of ugly backlash/scandal brewing.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Cook,

I just spent $479 on a particular watch/band combo. I high-fived a co-worker (long story) while walking back from lunch this afternoon, and the damn thing popped loose and fell into a storm grate. Really?!

Signed,
A Crestfallen First-Worlder in Boston

Quote:
Dear Crestfallen,

You're wearing it wrong.

Best,
Tim

PS - Go Sox!