View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-08-19, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
There's an old saying that says if you have a complaint, offer a solution.
You know, that's something my boss would like to say, and while this isn't a workplace environment, it's a logical fallacy. A problem doesn't cease to exist just because a solution cannot yet be found, and pointing out a problem isn't a bad idea just because the same person cannot also think of a solution.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be the right solution, just a demonstration that you are thinking the problem through.
But in this case, I'm really not. I'm pointing out that design progress on the laptop side wasn't as slow in the past, and I think that may be an indicator that it shouldn't be that slow today.

Quote:
There is only one place left on laptops where there is room for true innovation, and that is the keyboard space.
I mean… that's clearly not true. Look at other vendors who are moving to touch screens. Or making the screen flip around (I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, and it comes with a lot of problems). Or ones who add cellular (why isn't Apple doing this?).