View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-08-27, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Yeah, but it's weird to be that standoffish and unfriendly, isn't it? Isn't it just good manners to at least acknowledge a greeting with more than stone silence? Sounds like they're just an insulated, serious bunch (the parents, anyway).

I'll talk to anyone, and I wouldn't dream of not returning a friendly hello or greeting.

Maybe they're just from a large, crappy city and spent years surrounded by nutballs and troublemakers...maybe they just don't know how to be any other way? Unfortunate.

Heh. They're sox fans (south side is full of nut-jobs), so maybe you're onto something. The weird thing is when I see the Dad out with his kids, he looks like a regular nice guy but says absolutely nothing and doesn't even look in my direction. It's just the strangest fucking thing and obviously I don't get it. Their loss because I'm pretty good with kids, and that kid needs someone to teach him how to throw a baseball / football like a man. He even plays driveway hockey sometimes but they've definitely told the kids to ignore us too because they basically are mute also.

...into the light of a dark black night.