View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-24, 16:10

Here are some recent attempts of mine to Star Wars Clone Wars-ify the main Star Trek captains.

Unfortunately, through this exercise I've learned first-hand the lesson of how these models have (hopefully unintentional) biases due to the many thousands of barely-tagged images sourced from all across the internet. Black men appear to be very poorly represented in the main SD model, and I've really struggled to make a Sisko who looks anything like the man himself. I've run through lots of different inputs, and I've discarded tons of ugly and weird and malformed outputs trying to make him look good. Picard, by contrast, was pretty much perfect with the first few tries.

Let this be a reminder to everyone! Your output is only as good as the input when it comes to these highly-trained systems, and that is especially true for the original data used for the training. The data in these recent models are fine for making faces if you only want very famous people, white men, or sexy ladies.

Kirk

Picard

Janeway

Sisko

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.