Thread: iPad 3
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-20, 19:00

#2 and #4 don't matter to me at all, but I think #1 and #3 would be very nice.

At some point, if Apple would like to see this thing in the hands of more and more people, they're going to have to make it a bit more self-contained.

It should be able to do both, ideally...if you want to use it as a satellite device and sync to your main computer, as is currently the method, fine. But there should be a way that lets you buy an iPad and do all the set-up, registering (and configure an AirPort Express base station) from the iPad itself if you don't already own a computer. I don't know if that would be a preference setting, or something you'd choose the very first time you turned the thing on (probably the latter).

So many people could "join the world" and connect to it (I'm thinking of the elderly or those confined to their homes because of illness or disabilities) if this would happen. Bring someone an iPad and an AirPort Express, spend 30-45 minutes setting it up and showing them a few things...and you've changed someone's life.

As for the other, if Apple can put all that graphics and processing muscle behind video editing and music creation, there's no reason they can't roll out an iPhoto app for the iPad for basic cropping, one-click enhancing and red-eye removal. There's no way those tasks could be any more demanding or complex than iMovie and GarageBand.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2011-03-20 at 19:12.