Thread: iPad 3
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-20, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
I think this is a good idea, but given how good the iPad is as a digital picture frame/sharing device, I wouldn't expect Apple to be in a rush to implement something like this. I know they made a bit of a deal about the photo printing services in the Lion preview, and it has been a quiet, but interesting service for some time now. But, I just think so much of the iPad's strength is directly tied into that "here, look at this" moment when you hand it to someone to see a: chart, email, video, website, picture...etc. That creating a service that sort of pulls that out of the device seems sort of obsolete?
Maybe, but we're still a few years away from kids being able to tape up iPads inside their lockers.

Apple made a pretty big deal out of their new letterpress cards. I think they realize that there's still times when you wouldn't want to just e-mail someone a jpeg. We may be in Apple's brave new post-PC world, but the post-paper era is a ways off yet.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong