View Single Post
zsummers
Avast!

2007-06-10, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I've got a bunch of projects on the back burner....just don't have the damn time to commit.

I have about 100 10MB Bernoulli disks that are fucking huge, and I'm dead set on making a table or something out of them, a half-dozen old school hospital wheelchairs (the ones that have 4 small wheels) that I need to weld together and make a couch out of, a small hospital bed (with a huge crank on the side!) I need to sandblast down to the bare metal and make a glass top for (table for said couch), a 1950s wheelchair I plan on pimping (can you tell I like old hospital furniture? I have an IV hanger for use as a coat rack ), a huge pile of old 1" tape reels I need to figure out something to do with....and tons more stuff too much or too weird to list.

*sigh*

I need to get some land and put up a frickin' pole barn for all my shit.
If this turns out well, you could become a furniture designer. I recently read a piece about some people who visited a furniture show for the first time, and it sounds like your plan would fit in very well with what those shows are like. The newbie visitors liked the themed pieces (though they didn't like the ones that were pretentious). Their beef was that many of the themed stuff wasn't comfortable. So if you make your hospital/living-room comfortable, you could have something quite brilliant.

p.s. Is it David Sedaris who has shares your fascination with old medical equipment?