View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-03-24, 13:05

I was filling out a PDF today with a trial of PDFPen and decided it is worth the money (actually, I really needed that PDF without a watermark). As I was ordering, I thought I'd go ahead an add TextExpander since I've been using it for years in demo mode and they provided a discount of $7 to TE. My total came out to $87 and change.

Thinking that a $7 discount was a little odd unless they were doing 20% off "add to your cart" purchases, I decided to see if I could get 20% off PDFPen by adding it to a TE order rather than 20% off TE by adding it to the PDFPen order. That would put me at about $12 off the bundle price rather than $7. I fired up TE and went through the order process and not only was there a 20% discount, but they said the software was $50 rather than $60 is usually costs. Making it $40 after the discount.

Long story short, I got both for $75 rather than $87 just by going through TE's order form. I saved about $20 rather than the expected $7.

Good deal? I don't know, their software has always seemed pricy to me, but I did save some money for things I actually use quite frequently.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.