View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-21, 15:05

An even better gaming PC than the one I have (going for the $500 video card instead of the $270 one) plus a fully loaded 12" PowerBook. That would be awesome and it would fit my needs very well. And as long as this is a dream setup, I'd also have an Xserve to keep in a closet for storing all my files - music, pictures, documents, disk images, etc. Then I'd ditch my PC's big internal hard drives and swap them out for a pair of RAIDed WD Raptor 74 GB 10k RPM hard drives. Oh, and get rid of my 19" CRT in favor of a 23" cinema display.

Since I have a limited amount of space in my place, I'd probably never set up my PowerBook for full-desktop use, so I wouldn't need a large screen, stand, keyboard and mouse, etc. Wireless networking would be enough. I'd also install a 7200 RPM laptop drive in the PowerBook - they're limited to 60 GB at the moment, but I wouldn't need much extra space since I'd store everything in the Xserve.

Hell, while I'm at it why not throw in a few dual Xeon boxes for Folding? I'm not an Intel fan (I have an Athlon 64 in my PC), but nothing beats the raw MHz when it comes to distributed computing.