Thread: Wwdc 2018
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2018-06-05, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I don't think there will be a laptop (or any hardware) update until the fall. As for the keyboard, you are stuck with it until the Touch Bar-style virtual keyboard with haptic feedback is released in 3 or 4 years.
I hope (and some signs are looking good) Mojave will be a bit faster then. Not quite sure which piece(s) of the puzzle are to blame, but somewhere between macOS, APFS, VMware Fusion and recent Windows 10 releases, things have gotten a lot more… erratic? Networking in the VM keeps randomly failing, and performance oscillates between fine and atrocious.

Other than that, my late-2013 rMBP is fine, and the new tbMBPs wouldn't offer more RAM anyway (although that doesn't tell the whole story — the RAM would go from 1600 MHz to 2133, and they've been beefing up the SSD speeds as well… this one doesn't even show up as NVMe).

But, but, that keyboard. Mixed reports, but very few rave reviews.