View Single Post
¡Damned!

2020-11-30, 20:39

We played it safe this year and begged off from any in-person gatherings. Still decided to fulfill my 'all the sides' obligation (see above ) plus the rest of it just because it felt like a good thing to do, so Wednesday I started around 10AM peeling potatoes and finished Thursday morning at 2:30AM when the rolls came out of the oven. The whole shebang including turkey and homemade gravies (mushroom for the people who don't eat drippins' gravy). Anna went out to one of the myriad 'Dollar' stores and brought home a zillion Tupperware containers of every shape and size, and we packed it all up into individual care packages.

Did our social-distancing deliveries and mang, people were so excited and grateful. Felt nice to be a good guy for once, I'll think about trying it more often.

[edit]: It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. A family member, my uncle, died from -19 two weeks ago. It was exactly one of those horror stories that you hear about; both he and my aunt caught it, he worsened and had to get a hospital bed on a ventilator, a few days after that he coughed out a goodbye to his wife, his love of 50-some years, over the phone, and died. Fucking terrifying. Imagine the grief and pain.

So yeah, we played it safe this year.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-12-01 at 09:19.