View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-19, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
AdAware and Spybot are both free.
I had no idea, Luca. Goes to show how little I (want to) know about Windows. Thanks for the tip! I'll download and run AdAware next time we need to boot up the Wintel box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney
she has little patience for dealing with an OS with which she is not familiar (even small differences drive her crazy) and she is impatient with any Mac/PC compatibility problems (and these still sometimes do arise).
Chinney: I am living your nightmare, right here and right now. Seriously though, being a "mixer" has its advantages. I do not regret replacing the old iMac with a Wintel box (old Pentium II piece of crap I got free from work when we upgraded workstations). When something goes wrong now, I can blame it on her choice of Windows, even if I end up having to deal with the problem. The 17" LCD I bought for the PC has dual analog/VGA and digital/DVI inputs, so it works nicely in conjunction with my new 12-inch PowerBook. In addition, even this old Wintel box is better than VPC when I want to try out an occasional Windows-only app. I might have to mess around with "her" PC, but at least she doesn't mess around with my PowerBook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Dude, if she forces you to get a PC, remind her that maintaining a PC system so it always works flawlessly is pretty much a 24/7 job and that she'll have to pay you somehow. Preferably in additional sex
I tried. That trick doesn't work anymore once you're married. Quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
"You're the one who wants the god damn Windows box, YOU deal with the problems! I won't touch that thing!"
Tried that too. Then I had to tackle her to prevent her from getting on the phone with a divorce lawyer.

Ah, married life....

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.