View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-22, 10:03

Via reddit: "US soldier admits murdering girl"
Quote:
A second US soldier's plea of guilty to the gang rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family has been accepted by a judge.
[..]
He said: "During the time me and Barker were raping Abeer, I heard five or six gunshots that came from the bedroom.

"After Barker was done, Green came out of the bedroom and said that he had killed them all, that all of them were dead."

Cortez added: "Green then placed himself between Abeer's legs to rape her. When Green was finished, he stood up and shot Abeer in the head two or three times."

The entire crime took about five minutes and the girl knew her parents and sister had been shot while she was being raped, the hearing heard.
Now, just to get it out of the way: no, this is not representative of the US. This is not the place for "see? this is what the military is like" comments.

I think the most fitting (though costly) "punishment" is a life-long sentence. Death penalty, let alone handing them to the Iraqis, would only be misconstrued as sinking to these soldiers' level.