View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-07-19, 10:17

I used to think about that (well, "used to" being 3-4 days ago ), but I think, at this point, their "hardware fix" and any sort of antenna coating already exists...it's called a Bumper. And they're doling them out for free.

They might discover something between now and September 30 that will make them extend the free bumper/case offer another few months, or announce some other approach (this mythical coating/insulator...did any of those assembled reporters actually think to ask about this during last Friday's Q&A? That would've been the first or second question on my list).

But the fact that much of the world still won't have readily available iPhones come September 30 (hell, it's been nearly one month since the U.S. rollout and I still couldn't walk into a local Best Buy or Radio Shack to pick one up on a whim, last I checked) makes me think they'll extend that out for another 1-2 months. Maybe even until the end of the year? Otherwise, you're going to have people in Outer Cornholia raising a fuss that they were denied free Bumpers because the iPhone 4 didn't even come to their country until mid-October.

But at some point, Apple will probably have to release a "If you're going to get an iPhone 4 and you'd like a new, free case for it, get off your ass and order one, because this offer isn't a lifetime deal, you mooches!" statement.