View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2011-10-04, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
I'm responding from a user's point of view... not a technical point of view. Pscates is making excuses that Apple knows what is best and has done user surveys and that the 3.5" screen is what it is, not because of technical issues but because of user preference and usability and that Apple knows that the 3.5" screen is the best form factor.
The entirety of my post was about usability. There is no technical roadblock to increasing screen size; just swap in a different panel. There is, however, a huge roadblock to doing so while maintaining several key design considerations made with iOS 1.0. Design. Not tech.

Quote:
You missed the point in your eagerness to have an attempt to show off your technical knowledge.
Well, you sure didn't miss the opportunity in your eagerness to try and be hostile.

Quote:
The iMac stayed at 15" for 5 years, which was ridiculous at the time. There was strong demand for larger sizes. And Apple resisted... because they thought the form factor/weight/style/usability was correct. And tons of people, pscates types... justified it for 5 years and then when Apple finally deemed it necessary to have bigger screen sizes, they blindly agreed.
If you had actually read my post, you might have understood why the iMac comparison doesn't work. Actually, I take that back: I'm pretty sure you do understand; it's just not convenient for your attempt to be contrarian.