View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-04, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
In some ways it was for many years of the iMac's existence. I guess you just don't remember.
Quote:
Is Apple always right in your mind? Can nothing ever be better or improved unless they do so first and say so? you just wait to be told you need something or that its good for you?

the funny thing is there are countless phones out there with 4" and larger screens... and they work fine... and are very popular. But I'm guessing you never used any of them, because Apple doesn't make them. And you probably think they are riddled with usability problems... because Apple doesn't make them.
Quote:
I'm responding from a user's point of view... not a technical point of view. Pscates is making excuses that Apple knows what is best and has done user surveys and that the 3.5" screen is what it is, not because of technical issues but because of user preference and usability and that Apple knows that the 3.5" screen is the best form factor.

You missed the point in your eagerness to have an attempt to show off your technical knowledge.

The iMac stayed at 15" for 5 years, which was ridiculous at the time. There was strong demand for larger sizes. And Apple resisted... because they thought the form factor/weight/style/usability was correct. And tons of people, pscates types... justified it for 5 years and then when Apple finally deemed it necessary to have bigger screen sizes, they blindly agreed.
Man, can you lose the attitude? You're just being ridiculously condescending to everyone in this thread. It's bizarre and totally unwarranted.

Attack ideas, not people. I knock your ideas and you accuse me of being passive-aggressive, but then you apparently get a pass to throw in all these little accusations and digs at people? I think it's actually you who needs to "get off [everyone's] balls."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong