View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-10-05, 09:27

Exactly. It's not Apple's job to contact and wag their fingers at rumor sites or people posting "this is the iPhone 5!!!" mockups. They're one of the few companies who seem to keep their head down, mouth shut and not fan the flames! They don't show up at CES and hype/crow about stuff 8-14 months out, pre-announce their entire year, etc. like a certain other company seems to do every year.

Their silence, while sometimes aggravating, is their best asset and protection. I prefer that approach.

It wouldn't be like them to issue dozens of press releases to respond to every half-assed rumor or alleged leak.

There was never any real, hard evidence for this larger-screen, teardrop iPhone. If people want to latch onto that, based on nothing real...how's that Apple's problem?

Everything remotely legit - software releases, premature website updates, store inventory tallies/placeholders, etc. - all referenced an "iPhone 4s". Anyone who halfway pays attention, then, should know, as in 2009, the "s" probably means an under-the-hood refresh to an existing design. That's the only thing that even crossed my mind when I kept seeing "4s" references..."they're going to give it the A5, I suppose? Probably tweak the camera and graphics a bit...they like this glass/metal band design and it seems popular."