View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-09, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I kind of feel like you've moved the goalposts a fair amount away from "hey, why doesn't the Apple Store provide customers with loaners?" (which does annoy me — their support experience could be far better here) to "well, if the customer they've previously loaned something to is being targeted, and the Apple Store has an employee who's in on the conspiracy, and if you can read data of the chip that by the design has no API to read its raw data, then that would be risky".

You'd have to start wondering about the lack of a life a person has if, upon receiving a temp loaner MacBook from the Apple Store, the first and only thing they think to do with it is "let's see if I can dig through this loaner to find some financial data or, better yet, maybe some titty pics, from the previous support case!"

**11 hours later..."dammit, come on!! Nothing?!?"**

Lots of things cross my mind in the course of a day/week. Many of them are beyond stupid, trust me. I even share some of them here from time to time.

I can honestly say the above never has. Or would.

I'm just not that curious, or hard up for something to do.

I suppose those folks are out there. But damn...

Still...Apple should provide loaner Macs, period, for specific situations (brand new, under warranty Macs that, through no fault of the user, have decided to crap out). It isn't like kieran kicked his new laptop into a mud puddle. And they don't know he has another Mac to work on. They should be operating on the assumption that the customer doesn't, IMO. As far as they know, kieran is losing a week of work.

For the $$$ involved, I just find that a bit off-putting and a bit jarring. Car dealerships will throw you the keys to a loaner when they're going to have your under-warranty Jetta or whatever for a day or two...I've seen this with my own eyes. That's a hell of a lot more expense/risk than a $999 loaner Air.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-01-09 at 15:44.