View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-03-18, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Yeah, I guess we've got a year or 18 months before the pandemic stops being a factor in supply chains.

Tech is in a bit of a state right now. Apple Silicon's a bright spot, but Intel seems to have lost their way. The new game consoles haven't lit the world on fire. SSDs are just not scaling upward in capacity and lower in price the way HDDs did. TVs will stay at 4K for awhile, seeing as 8K in computer setups are still rare.

Looking forward to seeing what the M1X brings to the tech party, hopefully soon.
SSD prices are definatly a disappointment for sure. I was expecting to see $100 2TB drives by now, even if it was only QLC nand for bigger data storage drives, but that just isn't happening. QLC nand is no cheaper than TLC, so there is no reason to get one. Just ordered my first new HDD since 2016, since large SSD prices are still insane. To be honest I doubt SSD prices are going to get any cheaper than they are now, die shrinks and lower endurance don't seem to matter anymore, after the manufactures move to 3D TLC price just hit the wall. Guess the companies like the profit margins too much to budge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Whatever happens in the next few months, the M1X is going to crush everything Intel can think of doing in the consumer space. The future looks good for the Mac.

And at this point I think it is going to look even better within the next 3 months.
Did you see Intel's new ads that use the "Mac" guy from the old Mac vs PC ads? Intel must be really butt hurt to be pulling this BS.