View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-02-24, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I just want to watch some high-def footage of pretty fish and coral reefs, where does TLC even find all these morons?
Different network, but yeah...and still part of your Discovery+ subscription. Enjoy!

'Adults Adopting Adults' is abruptly canceled after online backlash. A&E says decision was due to 'ratings performance'

I'm sure.

Quote:
After airing just three of an expected 10 episodes, the A&E reality show about adults adopting other adults just as they would children, has been removed from the network's schedule and online. Monday night's episode did not air.
Uhh...

Quote:
However, The Daily Beast reported Tuesday that the show, which debuted Jan. 31, was taken off the air following fan reaction to the storyline that involves Danny Huff, a 59-year-old from Ohio, as he attempts to make 20-year-old expectant mom Ileana part of his family. Huff is married to a woman named Christy, who's openly much less enthusiastic about the adoption. He explained early on that a previous attempt to adopt an 18-year-old had not worked out, because he'd developed feelings for the young woman. (A press release for the show had described the situation as simply "an inappropriate relationship.")
This is what passes for "entertainment" and programming in 2022. Lovely.

I realize 18 is "legal", but it's not one bit less creepy when a 59-year-old (married) guy is putting the mooch on said 18-year-old. Who in the hell at A&E thought this was something to base a TV show around?

These networks are all in a race to see which one can be the most unlike they were 20 years ago. I think A&E just pulled ahead a bit, but I know Discovery and TLC will pull out all the stops with season five of NAMBLA Party Yacht: The Young Butt Chronicles and Strap-On Midgets Looking for Parolee Love.