View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-04-20, 18:22

I finally caught up with folks and binge watched Severance over last weekend.

Great stuff. I had zero knowledge about the premise before getting into it, and I actually thought it would be some kind of zany workplace comedy since it starred Adam Scott and Ben Stiller did a lot of the production and direction (and I think writing too?), but my assumption couldn't have been more wrong. I highly recommend it now, and I'm actually watching it a second time as my wife it watching it for her first.

In fact, I'd encourage anyone just to watch at least the first 15 minutes cold, having no foreknowledge of the setting or premise.

My only real complaint is
Spoiler (click to toggle):
I'm kind of disappointed that it wasn't just a one-season series. I could feel an eye-roll and sigh coming when I saw the runtime ticking down on the last episode, just knowing that they were going to give it a cliff-hanger to drag out. I have a hard time imagining a way for the creators to squeeze out a whole second season without a major tone shift. It makes me think of Lost or Prison Break; once the big mystery was revealed, what's next? More details about "deeper" mysteries? Turn it into some kind of action thriller instead of a mystery/psychological thriller?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.