View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-11, 21:19

Well, I'm going to place a couple of calls tomorrow to my local Office Depot stores, just to see. I don't know. Too good to be true. I mean, Best Buy carries (or used to carry) them online, but not in stores (as recently as several months ago).

I have a Best Buy here in town and all they carry is iPods and iPod stuff. No Apple computers.

I'll try not to get too torqued up at the notion until I saw them in person.

However, with little marketing muscle behind it, I can only get excited about this from a personal, selfish standpoint. Your average PC-using soccer mom or whatever is NOT going to walk into Best Buy and, on the spot, suddenly plop down money on a machine they know nothing about.

That simply just does not happen. Ever. I, however, would be thrilled at the prospect of seeing actual Apple hardware - other than iPods - in Chattanooga, TN.

A much-welcome sight, and it would signal the end to my schleps down to Atlanta to get my "Apple fix" or purchase Mac products (stands to reason if Office Depot carried the computers, they almost have to carry some accessories and Mac software, right?).

Hmmm...