View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-04-18, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyouhearmenow
iPod- a word that was practically unheard of five years ago
Seeing as iPod was introduced October 23, 2001, i.e. less than five years ago, it would have been weird for the word to be well-known before that.

Quote:
While Apple sells these units by the truckload, the real profit is in selling CONTENT for them. That's where Apple's iTunes Music Store comes in.
Incorrect. The iTunes Music Store operates at very low profits; in some countries, it is even a deliberate loss leader. You have it backwards: iTunes, and by extension the iTunes Music Store, are provided free (actual content costs aside) to make people buy iPods. iPod is where the huge revenues are.

Quote:
You may experience trouble with iTunes downloads, for instance. If you call Apple, they will direct you to email your problem or question to the proper iTunes department. It may take several days for you to get an email response. That response, when it arrives, may not address your specific question. It is more likely to consist of a generic, prepared answer that, if you are very lucky, solves your problem.
Um. Could this be any more hypothetical? What "trouble"? And how is a 99 cent download worth waiting several days? When you go to a café and end up not liking the coffee that was served, do you spend several days, phone calls, e-mail exchanges and visits in order to have it settled?

Quote:
This might have you deciding that getting the music you need from your local store is easier and quicker than dealing with iTunes' archaic email support.
What "local store" lets you buy a single song to begin with?

Quote:
Not that Apple doesn't have a record of dragging their feet. Many iPod owners are still waiting for their settlement checks from the Apple iPod battery fiasco from YEARS ago.
A "fiasco" that was simply based on incorrect facts. I strongly recommend you read this site.

Quote:
In 2006, iTunes will account for 5% of Apple's total revenue, according to iLounge.com. As iTunes continues to add music and video content, that number will surely grow. Apple's business model is becoming more and more dependent on iTunes for its revenue. And that means Apple's business platform is turning upside down. This may turn out to bean unstable structure.
5% and "more and more dependent"? Excuse me?

For the rest, all I can say is: tl;dr.