View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-06, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I simply can't stress enough a) a riser of some sort (plenty to choose from...I have a Griffin iCurve and like it very much) and b) an external keyboard.

You'll get the best of both worlds: desktop style ergonomics and comfort AND the ability to unplug the keyboard and take the PowerBook with you when you go. I love this set-up more than anything I've ever owned.

You'll thank me if you spend ANY amount of time typing!

Trust me...I damn near kinked my back, shoulders and neck to death (hunched up, leaning forward, looking down, etc.) before I wised up and got a clue.

When I first got my PB, I got horrible back/neck aches. But I adjusted my chair heighth and used the white plastic swivel cool-stand. I did go out and get an iCurve and an external keyboard, but never have taken them out of the box. I may need them later when I'm working on books, but for now the cool-stand is fine.

I have the back of the PB propped up about 2" with that stand, and the stand also fits into my super-duper, super-padded, extra high quality Brenthaven laptop backpack, manufactured specifically for apple. A little steep at $200; but if a PB is being transported much, well-worth the expense.

The guy who sold it to me said that as a demonstration, the backpack rep. put a PB inside and threw the backpack across the room. The PB belonged to an apple exec. I assume that it survived the demonstration with flying colors.